RMA PREREQUISITES & TERMS
- Before a purchaser ships a product back to MicroTouch, the purchaser must obtain a valid RMA number. Boxes received without an authorized RMA Number will be shipped back.
- Authorized RMA Numbers will expire 45 days after they are issued.
- MicroTouch Technical Support must verify the issue before an RMA is issued.
- Only the MicroTouch product and quantity specified on the original RMA request can be returned with the RMA Number issued.
- If returning additional products to MicroTouch, a new RMA Number will be required.
- If we receive a shipment containing products not authorized for return on that RMA Number, we will return them as is.
- MicroTouch does not offer advance replacement as a standard option. Should MicroTouch offer advance replacement as an accommodation, the customer will purchase the product directly from MicroTouch. The customer will be credited for the entire amount minus shipping once MicroTouch receives the defective unit.
To obtain an RMA please initiate a Support Ticket
WARRANTY REPAIR & REPLACEMENTS
- MicroTouch’s warrants that the product is free from defects in material or workmanship under normal operation, for a period of three (3) years following the date of purchase.
- Any replacement parts furnished at no cost to the purchaser in fulfillment of this warranty are warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original warranty. Any services or repair outside the scope of this limited warranty shall be at MicroTouch’s rates and terms then in effect.
- Normal “Wear and Tear” as determined by MicroTouch, is NOT covered by this warranty.
- Standard products deemed defective within the first 30 days of the warranty period are eligible for Warranty Replacement. As soon as the purchaser notifies us of a defective product, we will ship a new unit to the purchaser by surface freight at MicroTouch’s expense. We will charge the purchaser’s account or credit card for the new unit and issue a full refund once we receive the original unit from the purchaser.
- After 30 days, standard products returned for in-warranty repair are NOT eligible for Warranty Replacement.
- Custom products are not eligible for Warranty Replacement.
- MicroTouch does not provide loaner units.
- MicroTouch does not warrant the model life of monitors.
- MicroTouch is not responsible for damages outside of MicroTouch’s control including, but not limited to, physical damage, modifications to the product, or improper packaging.
OUT OF WARRANTY REPAIR SERVICES
- Warranty exclusions include, but are not limited to, physical damage, modifications to the product, or improper packaging.
- If a product is out-of-warranty, MicroTouch will charge a flat rate fee for the evaluation and repair of product based on model. Prior to proceeding with the repair of a product that is out-of-warranty, MicroTouch will send the purchaser a cost proposal that must be signed for acceptance and returned.
- Electing not to have MicroTouch repair the product, the product will be returned to you as is.
RETURNS FOR CREDIT
- MicroTouch does not sell direct to the end user, therefore MicroTouch does not issues credit.
LABELING AND ADDRESS
- The RMA Number must appear on the outside of the carton(s) in BOLD print. Any product returned without a valid RMA Number will be returned to the sender.
- Return products to the address provided on your RMA authorization form.
- MicroTouch recommends returning products in their original packaging.
- MicroTouch recommends returning products by United Parcel Service, Federal Express, DHL, or another reputable freight forwarder.
- Touch monitors 42” and larger should be returned on a pallet to prevent damage.
- The customer prepays all inbound freight charges for both in-warranty and out-of-warranty repairs. MicroTouch is not responsible for damage during shipment. We recommend that you insure the shipment.
- MicroTouch will pay for surface/ground return freight only, for warranty repairs. If you require overnight or other special requirements for expedited shipment, these will be at the purchaser’s expense. Please provide your preferred carrier and account number.
FREIGHT CLAIMS AND SHIPMENT DAMAGE
- If the purchaser receives the original product in damaged condition, notify MicroTouch immediately. If the shipment was made by a “prepay and add freight” service, MicroTouch will help the purchaser process the damage claim.
- If the original freight charges were paid in advance—by freight collect or other means—notify the carrier immediately to initiate a claims inspection. MicroTouch will provide assistance, as necessary, to process the freight claim.
- If your returns/repair shipment to MicroTouch is received in damaged condition, MicroTouch will notify the purchaser. The purchaser will need to notify the carrier immediately to initiate a claims inspection. MicroTouch will provide assistance, as necessary, to process the freight claim.